Raw Twicker BarsDec 08, 2021
Umm, let me just say, these Raw Twicker Bars have been a hit for the last two Christmas’s at ALL our family get-togethers. Even the fussiest kids, and the adults that usually think my ‘healthy’ treats taste like dirt (haha), loved these bars. Needless to say, I will be making these again this Christmas.
Prep Time: 35 minutes (+ standing & freezing) Makes 20
- 1 cup (140g) raw macadamias
- ½ cup (60g) pecans
- ¾ cup (60g) desiccated coconut
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 9 fresh dates (180g), pitted
- 1/3 cup (95g) smooth natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup (50g) coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup (60ml) coconut cream
- ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- ¼ cup (50g) coconut oil
- ¼ cup (60g) cacao butter, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ½ cup (50g) cacao powder
- Make caramel.
- Grease a 20cm (8-inch) square cake pan; line base and sides with baking paper, extending the paper 5cm (2 inches) over sides.
- For raw shortbread layer, process nuts, desiccated coconut, oil, syrup, and salt until mixture resembles coarse crumbs and starts to come together. Press firmly and evenly over the base of the pan using a spatula. Freeze for 20min or until set.
- Spread caramel over shortbread; smooth top with a spatula. Freeze for 1hour or until set.
- Remove caramel-topped shortbread from pan; cut into 20 bars, 10cm (4 inches) long and slightly less than 2cm (3/4 inch) wide. Place on a baking-paper-lined tray; return to freezer until ready to coat.
- Make chocolate coating.
- Working one at a time, using tongs, dip cars in the chocolate coating, turning to coat. Gently shake off the excess chocolate; return to tray. Freeze for 10 minutes or until set.
- Trim off any excess chocolate from bars. Using a spoon, drizzle the remaining chocolate over bars. (If the chocolate coating has thickened too much, reheat.) Freeze for 5 minutes or until chocolate is set.
Place dates in a small bowl covered with cold water. Stand for 30 minutes; drain. Blend drained dates with remaining ingredients until as smooth as possible, using a high-powered blender, if available; this type of blender will produce a very smooth consistency.
Place coconut oil and cacao butter in a medium heatproof bowl over a smaller heatproof bowl of boiling water, whisk until combined, and smooth; whisk in syrup. Remove from heat; whisk in cacao until combined and smooth.
Store bars in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 2 months.
This recipe is approved for our following Healing Diets:
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.