Blueberry & Coconut JellyOct 04, 2023
Healthy jelly anyone?! I’m currently working with my oldest to work on a bit of a candida overgrowth. She LOVES sugar (lol), so I’m currently wholeheartedly at work in the kitchen creating healthier options for her. I’m not very “pushy” with my kids when it comes to treating imbalances in the body. I always want it to be their decision. So I was a little bit proud when Poppy was ready to tackle the candida - and she’s stuck with her protocol pretty good so far :)
While this recipe doesn’t strictly comply with our usual anti-candida diet, it’s a better option, especially for kids.
- 250ml coconut cream
- 50g raw honey
- ¼ tsp vanilla essence
- 1 ½ tbsp gelatin
- 250g blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 40g raw honey
- 1 ½ tbsp gelatin
- Grease a pie dish.
- Coconut Jelly: Place all ingredients in a saucepan and heat, stirring, over medium heat until bubbles form on the edges.
- Remove from heat and pour into dish halfway up and place in fridge or freezer for 30min or until firm (longer if doing in a dish).
- Blueberry Jelly: Place all ingredients in a saucepan and heat, stirring, over medium heat until it begins to simmer.
- Reduce heat to low and keep stirring until blueberries have broken up a bit, about 10 minutes.
- Pour on top of coconut jelly.
- Place in fridge or freezer until set, about 30min (longer if doing in a dish).
Approved for: Adrenal Diet, Gluten-Free, Dairy-free, SIBO Biphasic Diet
Filipa Bellette is Co-Founder of Chris & Filly Functional Medicine. She is an accredited Clinical Nutritionist & Functional Medicine Practitioner. She is also a Ph.D. thought-leader, award-winning writer, and regularly published as a guest blogger & in the media. Together with her husband Chris Bellette, Filipa has worked with over 2,000+ busy, burnout clients in the last 10+ years, and specialises in producing healthy, balanced, and happy Mums & Dads…or as she calls it, a Power Parent! Filipa’s own passion for producing high-performance Power Parents came from her own personal experience of Mummy Burnout, after having babies and juggling the demands of business, family, and her failing health.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.