Zucchini Beef BoatsOct 07, 2021
How fun are these to make?! And the kids liked the novelty of eating dinner from a 'boat'! Here’s what I did.
- 4 medium zucchini (or one MASSIVE one!)
- 500g beef mince
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 green capsicum, chopped
- 1/2 cup reserved zucchini ‘meat’ from the center of zucchini
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 cup strained tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Slice zucchini in half length-wise and use a spoon (or melon baller) to scoop out the center leaving about 1/4 inch zucchini shell all around.
- Brown beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat, using a wooden spoon or spatula to break the meat into smaller pieces.
- Add garlic, onion, green capsicums, zucchini meat, Italian seasoning, strained tomatoes, salt, and pepper.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes or until the veggies are tender and all the flavors have come together.
- Place zucchini halves in a baking dish and fill each zucchini boat with about 1/2 cup filling.
- Top each beef stuffed zucchini boat with 1 tbsp cheese. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 min.
This recipe is approved for our following Healing Diets:
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.