Whole Orange Cake (GF & DF)Aug 30, 2022
I just adore Whole Orange Cakes. This was actually the cake I made for myself for my birthday this year, lol. This is a much healthier option that is gluten-free, dairy-free and refined-sugar free. It's just delightful. You can thank me later ;)
- 2 navel oranges
- 6 eggs
- 1 ¼ cup xylitol
- 2¾ cups almond meal
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- Fresh orange slices, or dehydrated orange slices to decorate
- Wash the navel oranges, cut off the ends (discard the ends) and place the oranges into a large pot.
- Cover with water, bring to the boil on the stovetop, then simmer for 2 hours (add more water during this time).
- Remove the oranges from the water and allow to cool completely (they'll be nice and soft).
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius (fan-forced). Grease and line the base and sides of a 22cm springform pan with baking paper and set aside.
- Chop the cooled oranges into pieces and place into a food processor.
- Process until completely smooth and no lumps remain. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs and xylitol in a large bowl until pale and frothy (about 2 minutes on high using hand-held beaters).
- Add the orange puree and stir through.
- Add the almond meal and baking powder and stir through.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking tin.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out with just a few crumbs on it.
- Allow to cool completely in the tin (preferably place it into the fridge overnight.
- Arrange orange slices on top, for decoration
- Approved for: gluten-free, dairy-free, adrenal diet, dessert, snack
This recipe is approved for our following Healing Diets:
- Adrenal Diet
Author: Filipa Bellette, Clinical Nutritionist & Functional Medicine Practitioner
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.