Veggie Burrito BowlAug 05, 2021
Nutrition can be confusing with all the different diets and research out there that says saturated fats/fruit/grains/meat/dairy…etc, are ‘bad for you.’
We take an individualised approach when helping our clients with nutrition as there is no ‘one-size-fits-all’ diet out there, especially when we are trying to heal our bodies.
However…There is one type of food that ALL researchers and nutritionists agree as being extremely beneficial: VEGETABLES! You can’t go wrong if you fill-up the majority of your plate with good old, wholesome veggies.
Here’s a delicious meal that can help you UP your vegetable intake.
- 3 handfuls long-grain Brown rice
- 1 packet (25g) Burrito spice mix
- 1 tin (400g) diced tomatoes
- 1 tin (400g) Mexican 3 bean mix
- 1 small tin (125g) corn kernels
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- Half a red & green capsicum, roughly chopped
- A handful of Lettuce sliced thinly
- 1 tomato, cubed
- Spring onions, sliced
- Bunch coriander
- Cook rice until soft.
- In a separate pot, cook onion and capsicum.
- Add canned ingredients and spice mix to veggies.
- Add cooked rice.
- Mix together and serve in a bowl.
- Add lettuce, tomato, spring onion & coriander to the bowl.
If you wish, add a dollop or two of sour cream/greek yogurt and a few corn chips.
This recipe is approved for our following Healing Diets:
- Adrenal Healing Nutrition Plan (post 2-week blood-sugar reset)
- Gluten-Free / Celiac & Non-Celiac Gluten-Sensitivity
Author: Filipa Bellette, Clinical Nutritionist & Functional Medicine Practitioner
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.