Vegan Raspberry BrownieNov 01, 2022
For those of you who are plant-based, or reducing animal products as part of your healing protocol, here’s a delish raspberry brownie alternative! I can’t believe how MOIST this turned out!
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 225 g / 1¾ cup GF flour mix (I used Baker’s Magic)
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 100 70-90% vegan cocoa dark chocolate (I used Lindt or Loving Earth)
- 40 g / heaped 1/3 cup cacao powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 100 ml / 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp boiling water
- 225 g / 1 heaped cup coconut sugar
- 90 ml / ¼ cup + 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 100 g fresh raspberries
- Prepare chia or flax eggs by mixing ground up seeds with 3 tbsp of water in a small bowl. Set aside to activate.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180° C. Line a 20 cm x 20 cm baking tin with baking parchment. Make the baking parchment stick out of the tin so that you’re able to remove the brownies from the tin a little easier.
- Weigh your flour, add baking soda and whisk the two together with a hand egg whisk. Set aside.
- Boil a kettle of water.
- While the water is boiling, chop your chocolate very finely. Put it into a big mixing bowl, with cocao powder and salt. Stir well.
- Pour 100 ml / 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp boiling water into the chocolate, cacao powder and salt mixture. Stir with a spoon so that chocolate melts in the hot liquid. Don’t add any more water.
- Add in the coconut sugar, flax egg (by this time it should have turned all sticky) and coconut oil. Using a hand mixer, blend the mixture until it’s smooth.
- It’s time to add the flour and baking soda mixture. Add a little at a time and stir it into the chocolate mixture with a spoon. Do not be tempted to use an electric mixer as it will overwork the batter. If using gluten flour, be extra careful not to overwork the batter or else gluten will develop in the flour and it will affect the texture of the brownies negatively. Stir just enough until there are no flour pockets anymore, but no more than that. The batter will be super thick so you may need to use your hands towards the end.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared baking tin. Smooth it with a spatula and decorate with fresh raspberries.
- Bake on the middle shelf for about 22-24 minutes (depending on how gooey you like your brownies and on your oven). If you like to keep them gooey, stick them in the fridge once cool and they will become deliciously fudgy after a few hours (tried and tested
This recipe is approved for our following Healing Diets:
- Low Hydrogen Sulphide Diet
- Adrenal Diet
Author: Filipa Bellette, Clinical Nutritionist & Functional Medicine Practitioner
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.