Turkey Meatballs & Roasted Root VegetablesOct 19, 2022
Struggling to get some greens into your kiddies diet? This recipe sneakily hides celery and kale inside the moorish meatballs. My kids love gobbling these up. Little do they know what they are actually eating! 😊
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup finely chopped celery
- ¾ cup finely chopped kale
- 1⁄2 cup grated carrot
- 230g turkey mince
- ¼ cup arrowroot powder
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp seeded mustard
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1 ½ tsp sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ sweet potato, cubed
- 1 swede, quartered
- 1 beetroot, quartered
- Preheat oven to 200 degree Celsius.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil, then add celery, kale and carrot and sauté until the vegetables soften.
- In a large bowl, combine by hand the turkey, arrowroot powder, parsley, mustard, ginger, flaxseed meal, salt and pepper.
- Form into 6 balls, and place on baking tray.
- Bake meatballs for 25min, until they are lightly browned.
- Place sweet potato, swede & beetroot on another baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Roast for 30min.
- Serve 3 meatballs with potato swede and beetroot. (Save the other meatballs for tomorrow’s lunch. You may also have leftover baked vegetables which you can use in other meals or snacks).
This recipe is approved for our following Healing Diets:
- Advanced Elimination Diet
- Adrenal Diet
Author: Filipa Bellette, Clinical Nutritionist & Functional Medicine Practitioner
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.