Sweet Potato ToastSep 09, 2020
½ large sweet potato
Salt and pepper to taste
Using a large sharp knife, slice the sweet potato lengthwise down the middle. With a steady hand, make 4-5 thin slices 'bread' thick from the middle of the sweet potato. You can keep the skin or discard. I prefer keeping the skin.
Lightly coat the sweet potato slices with olive oil and season with salt and pepper
Insert slices into toaster (similar to bread) and toast the slices on high. Alternatively, you can toast them in a toaster oven.
After the sweet potatoes pop up from the toaster, check to see if they are fork tender, and toast longer if desired. Depending on your toaster, you may also want to turn down the toaster setting to Medium.
Remove the sweet potatoes from the toaster, and cool on a wire rack before adding toppings.
- Sliced avocado with herbs
Cottage cheese & raspberries
Peanut butter & banana
Cream cheese, blueberries & chia seeds
Tahini & peach
Vegan feta & sliced tomato
Hummus, radishes & alfalfa sprouts
Baby spinach & fried mushrooms
This recipe is approved for our following Healing Diets:
- Adrenal Healing Nutrition Plan
- Gluten-Free / Celiac & Non-Celiac Gluten-Sensitivity
- Dairy-free (if not using dairy-cheeses as toppings)
- Low Hydrogen-Sulphide Diet (if not using dairy-cheeses or egg as toppings)
- SIBO Biphasic-Diet - Phase 2 (if not using soft dairy-cheeses, chia seeds, peaches, hummus, mushrooms or peanut butter as toppings)
- Advanced Elimination Diet (if not using dairy-cheeses, egg, peanut butter, hummus, tomatoes as toppings)
- Low-Histamine Diet (if not using dairy-cheeses, egg, peanut butter, tomatoes, spinach, bananas, avocado or raspberries as toppings)
Author: Filipa Bellette, Clinical Nutritionist & Functional Medicine Practitioner
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.