Sweet Potato BitesJan 19, 2022
I made these sweet little potato bites for our Christmas Eve platter spread, and I had to share the recipe with you. They were a hit with the whole family! Super easy to make, and you could change the topping up to whatever tickles your fancy.
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 sweet potatoes scrubbed clean, peels on
- 1 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 medium avocados peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp cashew cheese (I used Nutty Bay)
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Bake bacon for about 10-15min. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate and lightly pat dry. Once cool enough to handle, dice and set aside.
- If necessary, move the racks to the upper and lower thirds of the oven. Increase the oven temperature to 200 degrees C. Line two rimmed baking sheets with foil (if reusing one of the bacon sheets, change out the foil for a fresh piece). Brush sheets with 1/2 tbsp olive oil each.
- With a very sharp knife, slice the sweet potatoes into 1/2- to 1/4-inch slices. Arrange the slices in a single layer on the oiled baking sheets, then brush tops with the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Sprinkle with 1 tsp salt and black pepper. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown underneath, rotating the pans 180 degrees and changing their positions on the upper/lower racks halfway through.
- Remove the pans from the oven, flip the slices over, then roast for an additional 8 to 11 minutes, until golden on top.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the avocado, lime juice, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and smoked paprika. Mash lightly with a fork, leaving the mixture slightly chunky. Set aside.
- Transfer the baked sweet potato slices to a serving plate. Top each with a spread of cashew cheese, a dollop of the avocado mixture, chopped bacon, and parsley. Serve warm or at room temperature.
This recipe is approved for our following Healing Diets:
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.