Stuffed MushroomsJan 26, 2022
After something a bit more ‘fancier’ for lunch or dinner? These stuffed mushrooms are a crowd pleaser! Completely plant-based, if you’re vegan/vegetarian, or trying to cut down your meat content.
- 6 large flat mushrooms cleaned, stems cut off and finely chopped (KEEP stems)
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil + 1 tsp to brush mushroom caps
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 small onion, finely diced
- 1/2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ tbsp, crushed and finely diced walnuts
- 1/4 tbsp vegan cheese, shredded or cut finely
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a pan over medium-high heat, add the ½ tbsp coconut oil.
- When hot, add the mushrooms stems, garlic cloves, onions, parsley, and diced walnuts. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow to cook down for about 10 minutes, until stems and onions are much softer.
- Remove from stove and add in the vegan cheese. Stir to combine and to get the cheese melted. The mixture should be combined.
- Place the mushroom caps with the bottoms (the open side) face up, and lightly brush each with the rest of the coconut oil.
- Stuff each mushroom cap with some of the mixtures. This will change depending on the size of your mushroom caps.
- Divide equally throughout the mushroom caps.
- Top the mixture with some crushed walnuts and extra vegan cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the cheese begins to bubble slightly and the mushrooms are puffy.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Enjoy!
This recipe is approved for our following Healing Diets:
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.