Spicy Ranch Black Bean SaladNov 16, 2022
Most weeks we get together with my extended family for dinner. At least every second week we’re celebrating a birthday (I have a big fam!). The birthday person gets to choose what we eat. We’re all big foodies, so the food is always delicious. My sister-in-law recently requested delicious salads. And my oh my this Spicy Ranch Black Bean Salad hit the spot!
For the salad:
- 4 cups shredded chinese cabbage
- 1 tbsp chives
- ¼ cup freshly diced coriander
- 1 carrot, chopped thinly into strips
- 1 green capsicum, chopped thinly into strips
- ¼ cup roasted pepitas
- ½ can corn kernels, rinsed and drained
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
For the dressing:
- ½ cup plain coconut yogurt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1-3 teaspoons hot sauce, depending on how spicy you like it
- 1 gluten-free tortilla, cut into thin strips
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Extra coriander and chives
- Prep and chop the veggies for the salad. Place all ingredients for the salad in the bowl, except the tortilla strips, avocado and the dressing.
- Make your dressing by combining all dressing ingredients in a medium bowl or mason jar. Pour dressing all over the salad and use tongs to combine salad together with dressing.
- Top the salad with tortilla strips, avocado, coriander and green onion.
This recipe is approved for our following Healing Diets:
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.