Spiced Carrot and Red Lentil SoupJul 12, 2022
If you're in my part of the world (Tassie!) you'll know how frosty the days have been lately! Here's a spicy soup to warm your belly (and your toes!)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 carrot
- 1 onion
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup natural yogurt
- 1 cup red lentils, dried Optional:
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic (1 clove = 1⁄2 tsp dried)
- Get a pot, pop it on low heat and heat up olive oil.
- Cut the carrots, onion and grate the garlic.
- Throw them in the pot, cook for a minute or two and chuck the
lentils in after.
- Stir a little until the lentils are covered with oil (they open their pores which then tastes better).
- Add the vegetable stock and yogurt.
- Let the soup simmer for 15-20 minutes on low heat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Blend it with a hand blender if available, don’t worry if you can’t.
This recipe is approved for our following Healing Diets:
- Low-Hydrogen Sulphide Diet
- Adrenal Diet
Author: Filipa Bellette, Clinical Nutritionist & Functional Medicine Practitioner
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.