Honey, Macadamia and Rosemary ShortbreadSep 06, 2022
Here’s a fun twist to your usual “shortbread” recipe.
Serves: 16 pcs
Prep & Cook Time: 45min
- 250g unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 cups (300g) gluten-free flour
- 1/3 cup (60g) rice flour
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ (75g) cup roasted macadamia halves, chopped coarsely
- Preheat oven to 160ºC/325ºF. Line two oven trays with baking paper.
- Beat butter and coconut sugar in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in honey until well combined. Fold in sifted flours, rosemary and macadamias in two batches.
- Divide dough in half, place each on a tray. Using lightly floured hands, press dough out to form 22cm (9-inch) rounds. Using fingertips, crimp edges to form a border. Using a sharp knife, score each shortbread into 8 wedges. Prick gently all over with a floured fork to create a pattern.
- Bake, rotating trays halfway through, for 25 minutes or until golden. Cool on trays.
- Using scored marks as a guide, cut into wedges.
** SWAP OUT the macadamias for pine nuts or hazelnuts if you like.
KEEPS Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
This recipe is approved for our following Healing Diets:
- Adrenal Diet
- Low-Histamine Diet
Author: Filipa Bellette, Clinical Nutritionist & Functional Medicine Practitioner
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.