Seedy Chicken NuggetsAug 26, 2020
Holy moly, these are delicious little morsels! Once you taste them, you'll never go back to KFC...haha!
This recipe is adrenal diet and low-hydrogen sulphide diet* friendly, it is also gluten-free and dairy-free*.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 50g gluten-free flour (I used Baker's Magic)
- 2 eggs
- 80g almond meal
- 85g sesame seeds
- 40g sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp pepper
- 100ml coconut oil, butter or ghee (for frying - you want to use a solid oil/fat as these stay more stable at high temps)
- Cut the meat up into nugget-sized pieces.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour with ¼ tsp of salt and some pepper.
- Whisk the eggs in a second bowl.
- In a third bowl, mix together the almond meal, seeds, turmeric, pepper and ¾ tsp of salt.
- Dip each bit of chicken into the flour and gently shake off the excess. Now dip it into the egg, then into the seed mix to coat well. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Put enough oil in a large frying pan to rise ½ cm up the sides and place on medium heat. Once hot, add the chicken, in batches, and fry for 5-6 minutes, turning halfway through, until cooked through and golden-brown on both sides. Transfer to a kitchen paper-lined plate while you continue with the remaining bath, and serve hot.
This recipe is approved for our following Healing Diets:
- Adrenal Healing Nutrition Plan
- Low Hydrogen-Sulphide Diet (if you can tolerate chicken)*
- Gluten-Free / Celiac & Non-Celiac Gluten-Sensitivity
- Dairy-free (make sure you use coconut oil only to cook the nuggets)*
Author: Filipa Bellette, Clinical Nutritionist & Functional Medicine Practitioner
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.