Salmon with Apricot & GreensSep 28, 2022
This zesty recipe comes from one of our advanced elimination diets. The sweetness of the apricots and oranges pairs moorishly lovely with the salmon. Plus you can whip it up in less than 15min!
- 1 tbsp plus 2 tsp olive oil
- 125g salmon fillet
- 3 apricots, pitted and diced
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 2 handfuls kale
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried dill
- Warm 1 tbsp olive oil in skillet over low heat. Place salmon in the oil with its skin down. Cover skillet and let salmon cook.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, combine apricots, vinegar, ginger and stir over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat o low and add olive oil, orange juice and zest.
- Pour apricot mixture on top of salmon and cook until salmon is done, turning it on each side for a total of about 7-10 mins.
- In a bowl, lightly toss kale with lemon juice and dill. Transfer to a serving plate, then serve half salmon alongside of kale. (Save other half of salmon for tomorrow’s lunch).
This recipe is approved for our following Healing Diets:
- Advanced Elimination Diet
- Adrenal Diet
Author: Filipa Bellette, Clinical Nutritionist & Functional Medicine Practitioner
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.