Raspberry BrownieJul 13, 2020
Put your hand up if you LOVE brownies?! I sure do!
This Raspberry Brownie is lushes and rich, and delectably moist. It's gluten-free, dairy-free, and Adrenal Diet friendly (after the initial 2-week blood-sugar reset elimination - just don't eat the whole tray, haha!).
- ⅔ cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- ⅔ cup raw cacao powder
- 1 cup almond meal
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips (dairy free)
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line a baking pan with baking paper.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, then add in the cooled coconut oil, coconut sugar and vanilla and mix together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined. Add the chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of the frozen raspberries and stir through.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking tin.
- Add the remaining ½ cup of chopped frozen raspberries to the top of the batter evenly.
- Cook for 20-25 min (less if you like it more fudgy, more if you like it more biscuity)
- Wait until cooled before cutting and serving with some coconut yogurt or coconut cream.
This recipe is approved for our following Healing Diets:
- Adrenal Healing Diet (after the initial 2-week elimination to reset blood-sugar levels)
- Gluten-Free / Celiac & Non-Celiac Gluten-Sensitivity
To comply with our other Healing Diets, sub these ingredients:
- Low Salicylate Diet - sub out the almond meal with cashew meal; sub out the coconut oil with butter; sub the coconut sugar for maple syrup; remove raspberries.
- Low Hydrogen Sulphide Diet - sub eggs with 'flaxseed' eggs (1 egg = 1 tbsp ground flaxseed to 3 tbsp water, mix and lay to rest for 5-10min).
Author: Filipa Bellette, Clinical Nutritionist & Functional Medicine Practitioner
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.