Pineapple Cucumber SaladSep 01, 2020
It was a bit of a chilly, grey old day today, but I thought I'd share this bright and chirpy Pineapple & Cucumber Salad to celebrate the first day of Spring - yay!
While Spring is the season of new growth, new or renewed relationships, a rekindled zeal for work, and a perfect time to lay a strong foundation of health, it's also a period of great discomfort to many who suffer seasonal allergies.
This salad is brimming with pineapple, which contains the enzyme bromelain which has been shown to treat inflammation associated with allergies. If you're snuffling with hay fever or sinusitis, you might want to give this salad a go!
- 2 cups fresher pineapple, cubed (include the core!)
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- ⅓ cup fresh mint, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon lime zest
- Combine the pineapple, cucumber, lime zest, lime juice, and mint. Toss gently to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Chill until ready to serve.
This recipe is approved for our following Healing Diets:
- Allergy Support
- Gluten-Free / Celiac & Non-Celiac Gluten-Sensitivity
- Low Hydrogen-Sulphide Diet
- SIBO Biphasic-Diet - Phase 1 & 2
- Advanced Elimination Diet
NOTE: pineapple is high in salicylates and is histamine liberating, so if you are currently struggling with salicylate or histamine intolerance, you may want to give this salad a miss!
Author: Filipa Bellette, Clinical Nutritionist & Functional Medicine Practitioner
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.