Pan Fried Honey Oyster MushroomsAug 17, 2023
We grew the most beautiful yellow oyster mushrooms using the Mushroom Culture kit I picked up from our local farmer’s market. This delish sticky honey recipe did them the justice they deserve! If you don’t have oyster mushrooms, this recipe would work fine with button mushrooms or other varieties.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 350g oyster mushrooms cut into evenly sized pieces
- 3 garlic cloves smashed
- 5 sprigs of thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium high heat.
- Spread the mushrooms out in a single layer in the pan. Cook, undisturbed for 3-5 minutes until they start to brown.
- Stir the mushrooms and cook for another 3-5 minutes until browned all over.
- Add the olive oil, garlic, and thyme to the skillet and reduce the heat to low. Add honey and coconut aminos to the skillet. Cook for another 5-6 minutes, spooning the sauce over the mushrooms until they are dark brown and slightly crispy.
- Remove the thyme springs and season the mushrooms with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
Approved for: Adrenal Diet, Vegan, Gluten-Free
Filipa Bellette is Co-Founder of Chris & Filly Functional Medicine. She is an accredited Clinical Nutritionist & Functional Medicine Practitioner. She is also a Ph.D. thought-leader, award-winning writer, and regularly published as a guest blogger & in the media. Together with her husband Chris Bellette, Filipa has worked with over 2,000+ busy, burnout clients in the last 10+ years, and specialises in producing healthy, balanced, and happy Mums & Dads…or as she calls it, a Power Parent! Filipa’s own passion for producing high-performance Power Parents came from her own personal experience of Mummy Burnout, after having babies and juggling the demands of business, family, and her failing health.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.