Paleo Christmas CakeDec 22, 2021
Eek, two days until Christmas! Who else is excited?! I’m a bit like a little kid when it comes to Christmas. I love all the buzz and excitement - and the Christmas cooking! Yum! Here’s a yummy Christmas Cake I made the other day - grain-free & dairy-free.
It’s also nice sliced and toasted for a breakfast treat.
- 600 g mixed dried fruit or a mix of the following (raisins, apricot, sultanas)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean extract
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- zest and juice from 1 orange
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 organic eggs
- 200 g (2 cups) ground almonds
- 50 g walnuts
- ¼ cup almond flakes
- Preheat your oven to 160°C fan-forced.
- Prepare a loaf tin with baking paper lining the sides and the base.
- Combine dried fruit, spice, vanilla, orange zest + juice, olive oil, and eggs.
- Add the almonds and walnuts and mix through.
- Spoon Christmas Cake batter into your baking tin. Sprinkle almond flakes on top.
- Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Check with a skewer to see if it comes out clean, if not bake for another 30 minutes.
- Cover the top if necessary to prevent over-browning.
- Cool, then remove from the tin and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 month.
This recipe is approved for our following Healing Diets:
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.