P&J Chickpea CookiesNov 22, 2022
Yum, yummo, yum! These cookies are packed full of microbiome-loving goodness. Plus they’re pretty tasty for humans too. Give them a try and let me know what you think? :)
- 400g (12 ½ ounces) canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup (135g) crunchy natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup (60ml) pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
Raspberry Chia Jam
- ½ cup (75) frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon white chia seeds
- 2 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- Make raspberry chia jam.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Line a large oven tray with baking paper.
- Pat chickpeas dry with paper towel. Process chickpeas, peanut butter, syrup, vanilla, baking powder and salt, scraping down side of the food processor bowl several times, until smooth.
- Using damp hands, roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls, place on tray: flatten with the palm of your hand into a 4cm (1 1/2 -inch) round. Spoon 1 teaspoon raspberry chia jam onto centre of each cookie.
- Bake cookies for 15 minutes or until golden and a cookie can be gently pushed without breaking. Cool on tray.
RASPBERRY CHIA JAM
Blend or process raspberries and the water until pureed. Transfer to a bowl; stir in chia seeds and syrup. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate for at least 1 hour until thickened to a jam-like consistency.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.