Only Control What You Can ControlAug 12, 2020
Think about your life as a big round circle. We all have a lot going on. There are plenty of stressors in our life. Some are emotional. Some are physical. Some relate to health or trauma. Some are toxin-overload or nutritional related. Some are thermal related. Some things we can control, some things we can not.
Stress, overwhelm and anxiety often arise when we worry about things that are outside of our circle of control:
We have created a mindset exercise which we'd love to share with our followers, to not only help you to identify all the stressors in your life, but to also help you to identify things you have control over, and things you can start working on immediately to start reducing stress levels.
In your journal, complete the following activity.
PART 1 - Follow the steps below:
- List all your current stressors (i.e. home, family, relationships, communication issues, work, financial, time, health concerns, major life events, etc).
- Score each stressor out of 10 (10 being highest).
- Identify the source of the stressor.
PART 2 - Continue, by following the steps below:
- Take each stressor in turn and decide whether you have control or no control over it.
- Stressors you have no control over, let go of for now.
- Concentrate all your efforts on the stressors you have control over. Prioritise each one by placing a number against them, starting from 1 (being the most important or biggest stressor).
- Which of your priorities is the most important to your stress levels right now?
PART 3 - Continue, by following the steps below:
- From your stressors above, choose the five most important stressors that you do have an element of control over.
- Decide on the actions you can take to reduce each stressor and write them in the right-hand column below.
- Now start doing! Get to work on eliminating, reducing or changing the way you think about this stressor.
Author: Chris Bellette, Mindset Coach & NLP Practitioner
Chris & Filly Functional Medicine
If you would like more information about our functional medicine system and to see if this is something that could help you, click this link to Apply For Free Discovery Call.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.