Oat Caramel SliceAug 24, 2022
This GF & DF "meusli" bar went down a treat in the kiddies lunchbox!
- ⅔ cup water
- 1 cup pitted dates tightly packed to fill the cup
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- 1 pinch salt
- ¾ cup coconut oil butter
- 2 tablespoon coconut sugar
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp plain gluten-free flour
- ¾ cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon allspice / mixed spice or pumpkin spice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Place dates and water in a small pan.
- Add the date filling spices (cinnamon, ginger) and salt.
- Cook for 5 minutes until softened and leave to cool.
- Add dates and water to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add all other ingredients (except the oats chocolate chips) to the blender, and mix until smooth.
- Stir in the oats.
- Spoon mixture onto a lined baking tray. Use your fingers to press it down tightly.
- Then use a silicone spatula (or a spoon) to press chocolate chips onto the top of the slice.
- Bake for 30 minutes and let it cool before slicing & serving.
This recipe is approved for our following Healing Diets:
- Low-Hydrogen Sulphide Diet
Author: Filipa Bellette, Clinical Nutritionist & Functional Medicine Practitioner
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.