Milky Tea Cookie SandwichSep 13, 2022
Aren’t these the cutest little buttons?! These cookies are flavored with Rooibos tea, and make a yummy afternoon tea snack.
Prep & Cook Time: 45mins (+ standing and cooling)
- 200g traditional rolled oats
- 40g desiccated coconut
- 40g coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ½ cup (100g) coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup (90g) honey
- ½ tsp sea salt flakes
Milky Tea Cream
- 4 english breakfast tea bags
- 1 cup (150g) raw cashews
- 2 cups (500ml) boiling water
- 1 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Grease two large oven trays; line with baking paper.
- Make milky tea cream.
- Process oats, coconut, pecans, ginger, coconut oil, honey and salt for 2 minutes or until very finely chopped and thoroughly combined. Roll mixture out between two sheets of baking paper until 5mm (1/4-inch) thick. (The mixture will look a little bit dry but will hold together during cooking.) Using a 5cm (2-inch) round cutter, cut out 40 rounds, re-rolling as necessary. Using a palette knife, transfer cookies to trays 1cm (1/2 inch) apart.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until golden and a cookie can be pushed gently without breaking. Stand on trays for 10minutes; transfer to wire a rack to cool.
- Pipe approximately 2 teaspoons of milky tea cream onto half of the cookies; sandwich with remaining cookies.
Milky Tea Cream
- Place 3 of the tea bags and cashews in a medium bowl.
- Cover with the boiling water; stand for 20minutes.
- Strain over a bowl; reserve 1/3 cup (80ml) of the tea liquid.
- Discard soaked tea bags.
- Open remaining tea bag, measure ½ teaspoon tea leaves; discard remainder.
- In a small food processor, blend measured tea, soaked cashews, ¼ cup reserved tea liquid and honey until a smooth icing consistency; if too thick, blend with remaining 1 tablespoon reserved liquid.
- Spoon mixture into a piping bag fitted with a 1cm (1/2-inch) straight nozzle. Refrigerate 1hr.
Store filled cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
This recipe is approved for our following Healing Diets:
- Low-Hydrogen Sulphide Diet
- Adrenal Diet
Author: Filipa Bellette, Clinical Nutritionist & Functional Medicine Practitioner
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.