Lazy LunchOct 14, 2021
Usually, for lunch, I’ll make myself a salad with protein and good fats, or eat leftovers from dinner ( I always try to make extra…but more often than not BigDog eats the ‘extra’…he thinks I’m trying to make him skinny!).
Today, though, the fridge was VERY scarce, so I had to get creative. While I like to eat fresh produce, having some canned stuff in the cupboards is always good for days like today when I have hardly any veggies or meat or eggs. While canned stuff isn’t the best option, it is a much better option than getting some Maccas or having toast for lunch or not eating at all (like I was tempted to do). Plus it's the food you can store to always have on hand.
So this is what I had for my Lazy Lunch today. It was surprisingly yummy and nutritious.
- Diced cucumber (this was the only fresh veg I had in the fridge)
- Red kidney beans, canned (go for low/no salt ones)
- Sardines (a great source of omega-3, and cause they’re smaller fish they will be less likely to contain traces of Mercury. Make sure you buy ones in olive oil, and not vegetable oil or the like as these are very toxic)
- Full-fat feta cheese
- Sunflower seeds
- Homemade sauerkraut (so, so easy to make, and so good for the gut, and stores for a long time)
- Dash of olive oil, apple cider vinegar, pepper, and Himalayan crystal salt
A good, healthy meal doesn’t have to be fancy or take a long time to cook 🙂
This recipe is approved for our following Healing Diets:
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.