Filly's Favourite Apple CrumbleJun 24, 2020
We have three scrumptious apple trees in our garden, all with different varieties. They all bloom and ripen in stages, which means we have six glorious months of organic, homegrown apples. This makes me smile. A lot.
Needless to say we have been eating apple-everything. Apple crumble has been our #1. I've experimented with lots of topping varieties, and this is by far my fav!
Filly's Favourite Apple Crumble
- 1 kg of apples, peeled and cored
- 1 cup almond meal
- ½ cup rolled gluten-free oats
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- ¼ cup cacao nibs
- ⅓ cup flaked almonds
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 100g coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Thinly slice apples and place in an ovenproof dish.
- In another bowl, place all other ingredients and mix until the consistency of bread crumbs. You may need to soften the coconut oil, and/or mix everything together with your hands.
- Sprinkle the topping over the apples and bake for 30min, or until apples are soft enough to pierce with a fork, but still slightly crunchy. Yummo!
This recipe is approved for our following Healing Diets:
- Adrenal Healing Diet (after the initial 2-week elimination to reset blood-sugar levels)
- Low Hydrogen Sulphide Diet
To comply with our other Healing Diets, sub these ingredients:
- Celiac & Non-Celiac Gluten-Sensitivity Diet - sub the GF oats with quinoa flakes
- Low Salicylate Diet - make sure you use Golden Delicious apples; sub out the almond meal & almond flakes with cashew meal; sub out the coconut oil with butter; remove the ginger/mixed spice
Author: Filipa Bellette, Clinical Nutritionist & Functional Medicine Practitioner
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.