Egg & Bacon PieFeb 23, 2022
Who loves egg & bacon pie? I do! But often the ones you buy are full of trans fats, gluten & dairy (which can be an issue for many). Here’s my gluten-free, dairy-free take for the Egg & Bacon Pie. Great for a Friday night ‘dinner treat’ for a family night in!
- 1 ¼ cup gluten-free flour
- 2 tablespoons Xylitol
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 large egg
- ¼ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons ice-cold water
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk.
- 4 large eggs, whisked
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup diced nitrate-free bacon
- 1 cup silverbeet, cut thinly
- 3 tablespoon chopped mint
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Add all ingredients into a blender or food processor, and blend ingredients together.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl. Shape the dough into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap or place inside a container with a lid on it. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Remove from the refrigerator and roll the dough into a 10-12 inch round circle, for a 9-inch pie pan.
- Carefully place the dough into a greased 9-inch pie pan. Press the dough into the bottom and sides (lift the pie crust up and do not try and stretch it). Seal any cracks, if necessary.
- Put aside and continue making the filling.
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk the eggs.
- Add the milk, salt, and pepper to the eggs and mix until fully combined. Set aside.
- Add the bacon, silverbeet & mint to the bottom of the prepared pie crust.
- Pour the egg mixture over top of the filling layers.
- Place the pie on the bottom rack of the oven and bake for 40 minutes.
- Let the pie cool for 5 to 10 before slicing and serving.
This recipe is approved for our following Healing Diets:
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.