Chocolate Chip Cookies (GF, DF, RFS, NF)Dec 01, 2021
Who doesn’t love chocolate chip cookies?! Here’s my healthier take on the traditional recipe. These are my go-to when I want to make a quick treat. They’re also nut-free, so a good option for school lunchboxes. We love them - especially dipped into a cold cup of coconut milk. Yum!
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup xylitol
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp xanthum gum
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 cup rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a large bowl beat the softened coconut oil, xylitol & coconut sugar until creamy.
- Add the egg, molasses, and pure vanilla extract to the ‘butter’ mixture and mix until fully combined.
- Add the gluten-free flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt to the ‘butter’ mixture and mix until fully combined.
- Either stir in the chocolate chips and oats with a spoon or use your mixer on low to mix the chocolate chips into the cookie batter.
- Drop a rounded tablespoon of cookie dough onto a parchment-lined cookie tray, and press down flat.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until they start to turn golden brown (the centers of the cookies will be soft). Please watch your oven because all ovens are different.
- Cool and store leftovers in an air-tight container. Enjoy!
This recipe is approved for our following Healing Diets:
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.