Chocolate Chickpea BrowniesAug 19, 2021
We’re big fans of using chickpeas and other legumes in baking. They make a great gluten-free flour alternative, and in addition can bulk up your treats with lots of prebiotic fibre, which can help nourish the beneficial microbes in your gut. Plus our kids love them, and would never know they were made with chickpeas!
- 420g canned chickpeas, drained
- 120g natural nut butter
- 110g raw honey, pure maple syrup or rice malt syrup
- 50g raw cacao powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 60g dairy-free dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
- Sea salt, optional
- Set oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place all of the ingredients – except the dark chocolate – into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add in dark chocolate pieces, and mix into the batter. The batter should be very thick.
- Pour into a greased brownie tin and smooth over. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake in the oven for 22-25min, or until cooked through.
- Allow cooling a little before slicing and eating!
This recipe is approved for our following Healing Diets:
- Adrenal Healing Nutrition Plan (post-2-week blood-sugar reset)
- Gluten-Free / Celiac & Non-Celiac Gluten-Sensitivity
- Low Salicylate Diet
Author: Filipa Bellette, Clinical Nutritionist & Functional Medicine Practitioner
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.