Choc-Mint Grain-Free DonutsJan 03, 2023
We (as in Chris, lol) recently planted a new herb garden and it’s going gang-busters! We - including the kids - try to include the herbs in whatever we can. The other day I started making some grain-free donuts, and Poppy (10yo) came running in with a bunch of freshly picked mint. “Can we make the donuts choc-mint flavour Mum?” And so we did :)
- 3 eggs, separated
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- 100g almond meal
- 60g cashew meal
- 50g raw cacao powder
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 30g coconut oil
- 60g pure maple syrup
- 10 fresh mint leaves, diced thinly
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 12-hole donut tray with coconut oil or oil of your choice.
- Whisk/beat egg whites and cream of tartar in a mixing bowl until white a fluffy.
- In another bowl, add all other ingredients into mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- Spoon ⅓ of the egg white mixture into the remaining ingredients and fold in.
- Carefully fold remaining egg whites into batter, mixing gently until completely combine. Spoon mixture into donut tin until they are ¾ full.
- Bake in oven for 12-15min, until cooked through.
Approved for: Adrenal Diet, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
Author: Filipa Bellette is Co-Founder of Chris & Filly Functional Medicine. She is an accredited Clinical Nutritionist & Functional Medicine Practitioner. She is also a Ph.D. thought-leader, award-winning writer, and regularly published as a guest blogger & in the media. Together with her husband Chris Bellette, Filipa has worked with over 2,000+ busy, burnout clients in the last 10+ years, and specialises in producing healthy, balanced, and happy Mums & Dads...or as she calls it, a Power Parent! Filipa’s own passion for producing high-performance Power Parents came from her own personal experience of Mummy Burnout, after having babies and juggling the demands of business, family, and her failing health.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.