Chicken Pesto BakeOct 21, 2020
Ok, so this has to be my most favourite way of eating chicken at the moment. DEEEELISHHHH!!!
This recipe is Adrenal Diet friendly, and can also be easily altered to fit within the guidelines of the SIBO Biphasic Diet and a Low-Histamine Diet.
- 1kg chicken thighs
- 40g vegan cheese (or parmesan cheese)
- 3-5 garlic cloves
- 160g cashews
- 25g fresh basil
- 120g olive oil
- Turn oven on to 180C. Grab a casserole dish and lay the chicken breasts out in the dish in a single layer.
- In a high-speed blender (I use my thermomix) grate the cheese and garlic until finely cut.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend for 5-10 seconds until a chunky pesto is formed. If you want a smoother texture, blend a little longer.
- Spread the pesto over the chicken and bake in the oven for 40minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with steamed veggies, salad, or hand-cut baked sweet potato chips.
This recipe is approved for our following Healing Diets:
- Adrenal Healing Nutrition Plan
- Gluten-Free / Celiac & Non-Celiac Gluten-Sensitivity
- Dairy-free (if opting for vegan cheese)
Sub/omit the following ingredients to comply with these other Healing Diets:
- SIBO Biphasic Diet - omit garlic
- Low-Histamine Diet - sub cashews for macadamia; make sure the vegan cheese is coconut-based, not nut-based.
Author: Filipa Bellette, Clinical Nutritionist & Functional Medicine Practitioner
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.