Chicken NachosJun 24, 2021
Hey guys! How's your Thursday? Today's recipe is chicken nachos! This recipe takes all of 5-minutes to make (no joke...I did a virtual cooking class last year, and timed it!). It's also packed with lots of fresh veggies - a great way to get more veg into the kiddos :)
**Amount will vary depending on how many you’re making for, but these are the basic ingredients.
- Organic corn chips (or make your own Paleo chips for a grain-free alternative - or have nachos without the chips)
- BBQ chicken, torn apart
- Home-made style tomato sauce or tomato relish
- Can kidney beans, drained
- Grated cheddar cheese (or Vegan hard cheese for DF alternative)
- Iceberg lettuce, thinly sliced
- Cucumber, diced
- Capsicum, diced
- Carrot, grated
- Tomato, diced
- Avocado, mashed with a bit of salt & pepper & lemon juice.
- Sour cream (or hummus for dairy-free alternative)
- Place corn chips in a serving bowl. Top with shredded BBQ chicken & kidney beans. Drizzle tomato sauce/chutney on top, and sprinkle over cheese. Put aside.
- Chop/grate all your veggies and place them on another plate.
- Place the prepared corn chip bowl in the microwave and heat for 30sec - 1min, or until chicken is warm and cheese is melted.
- Top the corn chip bowl with veggies, avocado, and sour cream (or hummus).
This recipe is approved for our following Healing Diets:
- Adrenal Healing Nutrition Plan
- Gluten-Free / Celiac & Non-Celiac Gluten-Sensitivity
Author: Filipa Bellette, Clinical Nutritionist & Functional Medicine Practitioner
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.