Cauliflower SteakJun 08, 2022
Ummm…yum! That is all I can say for this Cauliflower Steak recipe. Even the most avid meat lover will love this plant-based steak alternative.
- 1 head of cauliflower, stem intact 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tsp black pepper
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 225g of lentils (black or brown)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mint, chopped
- Garnish with capers
- RED PEPPER SAUCE:
- 1 x 450g jar of roasted red peppers (in water)
- 1⁄2 cup almonds
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil to drizzle on top
- Preheat oven to 180C. Remove any greenery from the cauliflower and keep the stem intact. Cut cauliflower into 1⁄2 inch pieces lengthwise. See the picture above.
- Carefully place cauliflower steaks on a sheet pan. Drizzle each side with olive oil and spices. Bake for 15 minutes, flip and cook for another 5 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, boil the lentils (according to package instructions) and blend the roasted red peppers and almonds in a blender until smooth.
- Serve with 1⁄2 cup of lentils, 1 cauliflower steak, and all the sauce you want! Don't forget to garnish with the capers!
This recipe is approved for our following Healing Diets:
- SIBO Biphasic Diet (Vegetarian)
- Adrenal Diet
Author: Filipa Bellette, Clinical Nutritionist & Functional Medicine Practitioner
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.