Low-Histamine Bliss BallsApr 29, 2021
There's no easier snack than bliss balls! This recipe uses carob powder, which is sweet in taste, so you don't need to add any extra sweetener to the mix. Carob is also a good substitute if you are very sensitive to caffeine (yes there are some poor souls who even struggle with cacao/chocolate!) or if you are on a low-histamine diet and want a bit of a 'chocolatey' hit, this one's perfect!
Makes: 26 balls
- 1 cup macadamias
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- ¾ cup carob powder
- ¾ cup apple sauce
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ tsp salt
- Place macadamias in a high-speed blender and blend until they resemble bread crumbs.
- Add all remaining ingredients and blend until you have a dough that holds together well when you roll a ball.
- If it's too dry, add some water (1 tbsp at a time); if it's too wet, add more oats or coconut.
- Pop in the fridge to set.
This recipe is approved for our following Healing Diets:
- Adrenal Healing Nutrition Plan (post-2-week blood sugar reset, or sub the feta for a nut-based feta)
- Gluten-Free / Celiac & Non-Celiac Gluten-Sensitivity
Author: Filipa Bellette, Clinical Nutritionist & Functional Medicine Practitioner
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.