Beetroot and Cacao Pancakes with Raspberry Chia JamJul 27, 2022
Need some new pancake inspo?! This Beetroot Cacao Pancakes recipe has got you covered! These are absolutely delicious, and not too sweet, making it a great breakfast option. But you could have these as a snack or dessert as well.
Prep & Cook Time: 1hr & 15mins (+ Refrigeration)
- 2 small beetroots (200g), peeled
- 1 cup (250ml) coconut and brown rice milk blend
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 ½ cups (225g) gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup (25g) cacao powder
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup (190g) unsweetened coconut or Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs, extra
- 125g fresh raspberries
Raspberry Chia Jam
- 1 cup (150g) frozen raspberries, thawed
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp white chia seeds
- 2 tbsp rice malt syrup
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Make raspberry chia jam.
- Wrap beetroot individually in foil, place on an oven tray; roast for 40minutes or until tender. Cool; chop coarsely.
- Blend beetroot to a smooth puree; transfer to a bowl. Measure ½ cup of puree. Return measured puree to blender with milk.; blend until smooth. Add egg, maple syrup, sifter flour and cacao; process until a smooth batter just forms. Transfer to a jug; stir in cacao nibs.
- Working in batches, heat 1 tsp of coconut oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add 1/3 cup batter; repeat with another 1/3 cup batter, cook pancakes for 2minutes or until bubbles appear. Turn pancakes; cook for a further minute or until cooked through. Repeat with remaining coconut oil and batter to make eight pancakes it total.
- Serve pancakes topped with yoghurt, raspberry chia jam, extra cacao nibs and raspberries.
Raspberry Chia Jam
Blend or process raspberries and the water until pureed. Pour into a small bowl; stir through chia seeds and syrup. Cover; refrigerate for at least 1hr or until thickened to a jam-like consistency.
This recipe is approved for our following Healing Diets:
- Adrenal Diet
Author: Filipa Bellette, Clinical Nutritionist & Functional Medicine Practitioner
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.