Beet, Quinoa & Bean SaladDec 28, 2022
This delicious and nutritious Beet, Quinoa, & Bean Salad is the perfect meal to add some color and joy to your day!
It's an easy recipe that will have you feeling happy with every bite. Not only is this salad tasty, but it can also be beneficial for your microbiome. With its vibrant colors, this salad is sure to make you smile.
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup butter beans, rinsed and drained
- ⅓ cup pepitas
- 1 medium raw beet, peeled
- 1 medium-to-large carrot, peeled
- 1 cup warrigal greens (or baby spinach), roughly chopped
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint or cilantro
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup or agave nectar
- ½ to 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- To cook the quinoa: First, rinse the quinoa in a fine mesh colander under running water for a minute or two. In a medium-sized pot, combine the rinsed quinoa and 1 cup water. Bring the mixture to a gentle boil, then cover the pot, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes. Remove the quinoa from heat and let it rest, still covered, for 5 minutes. Uncover the pot, drain off any excess water and fluff the quinoa with a fork. Set it aside to cool.
- Grate (or whiz in a blender or Thermomix) the beet and carrot. Place in a salad bowl.
- Add to the salad bowl quinoa, pepitas, butter beans, warrigal greens (or spinach) and cubed avocado.
- To prepare the vinaigrette: Whisk together all of the ingredients until emulsified.
- Drizzle dressing over the mixture (you might not need all of it) and gently toss to combine. You’ll end up with a pink salad if you toss it really well! Season to taste with salt (up to an additional ¼ teaspoon) and black pepper. Serve.
Approved for: Adrenal Diet, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegan
Filipa Bellette is Co-Founder of Chris & Filly Functional Medicine. She is an accredited Clinical Nutritionist & Functional Medicine Practitioner. She is also a Ph.D. thought-leader, award-winning writer, and regularly published as a guest blogger & in the media. Together with her husband Chris Bellette, Filipa has worked with over 2,000+ busy, burnout clients in the last 10+ years, and specialises in producing healthy, balanced, and happy Mums & Dads...or as she calls it, a Power Parent! Filipa’s own passion for producing high-performance Power Parents came from her own personal experience of Mummy Burnout, after having babies and juggling the demands of business, family, and her failing health.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.