Beef JerkyNov 30, 2022
Anyone use a dehydrator out there? My kids LOVE dehydrating ANYTHING (lol) - including strips of beef. Here’s a tasty recipe to easily create beef jerky at home. It’s actually super simple, and a great way of increasing protein intake (especially in fussy kids).
- ¾ cup additive-free tomato or BBQ sauce (I used Beerenberg)
- ¾ cup coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon raw honey, or more to taste
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1kg beef top round, thinly sliced
- Whisk together sauce, coconut aminos, smoked paprika, honey, black pepper, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, and onion powder in a large bowl. Add beef; mix until completely coated with marinade. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator, 3 hours to overnight.
- Transfer beef to paper towels to dry. Discard marinade. Arrange beef slices in single layers on your dehydrator shelves. Dehydrate at high speed for 4-5 hours, depending on how dry/leathery you like your beef jerky.
Approved for: Adrenal Diet, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Anti-Candida Diet, SIBO Diet, Low-Oxalate Diet
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.