Banofee PieFeb 22, 2023
Full credit goes to JSHealth for this delish Vegan dessert! Treat yourself or a loved one to the irresistable goodness of Banofee Pie! you won't be disappointed - every layer is crafted with all natural, wholefoods and its scurmptioness can only be experienced!
Time to cook: 30
For the base:
- 1 cup almonds
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
For the caramel:
- 8 medjool dates, pitted
- 4 tbsp water
- ½ cup tahini
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the topping:
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 400ml (14.1oz) tin coconut cream, chilled
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 360°F. Line the base of a 20cm tart tin with baking paper. Grease the sides with coconut oil.
- To make the base, combine all of the ingredients in a food processor. Blend until the mix comes together. Season with a pinch of sea salt. Press the mixture into the base and sides of the greased tart tin. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Once baked, remove from the oven and gently remove the tart tin. Set aside to cool.
- For the caramel, combine all of the ingredients in the same food processor. Season with sea salt and blend until smooth. Use a spoon or spatula to spread the caramel on top of the base.
- To make the topping, whisk together the chilled coconut cream (use only the thick cream, discard any watery liquid), vanilla essence and maple syrup. Arrange the banana slices on top of the caramel, followed by the whipped cream.
- Store in the fridge until ready to serve. Any leftovers will keep covered in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Credit to JSHealth (original recipe here)
Approved for: Adrenal Diet, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegan, Low Hydrogen-Sulphide Diet
Filipa Bellette is Co-Founder of Chris & Filly Functional Medicine. She is an accredited Clinical Nutritionist & Functional Medicine Practitioner. She is also a Ph.D. thought-leader, award-winning writer, and regularly published as a guest blogger & in the media. Together with her husband Chris Bellette, Filipa has worked with over 2,000+ busy, burnout clients in the last 10+ years, and specialises in producing healthy, balanced, and happy Mums & Dads...or as she calls it, a Power Parent! Filipa’s own passion for producing high-performance Power Parents came from her own personal experience of Mummy Burnout, after having babies and juggling the demands of business, family, and her failing health.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.