Banana Choc-Chip BreadDec 07, 2022
So I went to make banana bread the other day and realised I had no eggs. Gahhh - don’t you hate that!!! Never fear! This banana bread recipe (with a choc chip twist) is egg-free - and delish :)
- 1 ¼ cups mashed banana, about 2 large bananas
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- 3 tbsp rice milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 ¾ cups gluten free flour (I used Baker’s Magic)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch sea salt
- ½ cup vegan dark chocolate chips
1. First, preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius. Line a bread pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add mashed bananas, melted coconut oil, milk, vanilla extract and coconut sugar. Stir to combine.
3. Once combined, add in gluten free flour, baking soda and sea salt. Stir to combine. Batter will be pretty thick.
4. Fold in dark chocolate chips.
5. Use large spoon to transfer batter into lined bread pan. Dot with extra chocolate chips on top if desired.
6. Bake for 38 to 42 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
7. Finally, remove from oven. Allow bread to cool for 1 hour before carefully slicing and serving.
Approved for: Adrenal Diet, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegan, Low Hydrogen Sulphide Diet
Filipa Bellette is Co-Founder of Chris & Filly Functional Medicine. She is an accredited Clinical Nutritionist & Functional Medicine Practitioner. She is also a Ph.D. thought-leader, award-winning writer, and regularly published as a guest blogger & in the media. Together with her husband Chris Bellette, Filipa has worked with over 2,000+ busy, burnout clients in the last 10+ years, and specialises in producing healthy, balanced, and happy Mums & Dads...or as she calls it, a Power Parent! Filipa’s own passion for producing high-performance Power Parents came from her own personal experience of Mummy Burnout, after having babies and juggling the demands of business, family, and her failing health.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.