Apple PikeletsJun 10, 2021
Here's an easy kids' snack with no added sugar that will surely make their (and yours) tummies full!
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- 2 Tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 green apples, grated
- In a large bowl, gently combine all ingredients until the batter is just combined. Don’t over mix, lumps are OK!
- Heat a pan of medium-high heat.
- Brush a bit of oil on the pan and pour about 2 tbsp of batter into the pan.
- Flip the pikelets once the edges appear slightly cooked and small bubbles form on top. Cook on the other side until lightly browned.
- Serve on their own, or with your choice of topping - i.e. pure maple syrup, yogurt, coconut cream, berries, banana, nut butter, lemon juice, etc.
This recipe is approved for our following Healing Diets:
- Adrenal Healing Nutrition Plan (post-2-week blood-sugar reset)
- Gluten-Free / Celiac & Non-Celiac Gluten-Sensitivity
Author: Filipa Bellette, Clinical Nutritionist & Functional Medicine Practitioner
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.