Apple Cake (GF, DF)May 25, 2022
We recently moved house, and I’m pining for my apple trees. Nothing beats a crisp, juicy apple picked straight off the tree!
The Apple Cake made a regular appearance in our kitchen! I adjusted the regular Apple Tea Cake recipe, to make a healthy gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar-free option.
- 200g gluten-free flour
- 150g coconut oil
- 150g coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 4 apples
- 3 tablespoons xylitol
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place all cake ingredients in a blender and combine until smooth on set. If you find that the batter is too thick, add a little bit of almond milk. It should resemble almost very thick custard. Otherwise, the apples will sink in.
- Pour the batter into a round cake tin lined with greaseproof paper.
- Peel the apples, quarter, and remove pips. Slightly score each of them and place them on the cake. Dust the cake with the xylitol and bake in the oven for 40 minutes until golden brown. Use a wooden skewer to test whether it is done by poking the cake in the middle and if it comes out clean it is done.
- Leave to cool down and dust with icing sugar. Enjoy!
- Adrenal Healing Diet
Author: Filipa Bellette, Clinical Nutritionist & Functional Medicine Practitioner
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.