Apple Buckwheat MuffinsJan 11, 2023
Thank you “Moon and Spoon and Yum” for this sweet little gluten-free muffin recipe! I adapted it slightly to make it dairy-free as well :)
- 1 3/4 cups buckwheat flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- `1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup plain coconut yogurt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup rice milk
- 2 apples (1 grated, 1 thinly sliced for topping)
- coconut sugar for sprinkling (optional, but delicious)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a muffin tin. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl combine dry ingredients buckwheat flour through cloves. Stir to combine.
- In another large bowl combine eggs, maple syrup, yogurt, oil and milk. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until smoothly combined.
- Fold in one grated apple.
- Spoon your muffin batter into your greased tin, filling each right up to the top.
- Thinly slice an apple and place 2-4 slices on each muffin, pushing them down slightly into the batter.
- Optionally, sprinkle the tops with coconut sugar.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the edges are turning golden and the centers are firm.
- Let cool for at least ten minutes before lifting from the tin.
Approved for: Adrenal Diet, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
Filipa Bellette is Co-Founder of Chris & Filly Functional Medicine. She is an accredited Clinical Nutritionist & Functional Medicine Practitioner. She is also a Ph.D. thought-leader, award-winning writer, and regularly published as a guest blogger & in the media. Together with her husband Chris Bellette, Filipa has worked with over 2,000+ busy, burnout clients in the last 10+ years, and specialises in producing healthy, balanced, and happy Mums & Dads...or as she calls it, a Power Parent! Filipa’s own passion for producing high-performance Power Parents came from her own personal experience of Mummy Burnout, after having babies and juggling the demands of business, family, and her failing health.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.