Vegan PattiesMay 31, 2022
If you’ve done gut work with me, you’ll know I LOVE supporting the microbiome with lots of plant foods (in fact, I’d recommend you aim for 40+ different plant foods a week). Here’s a delish plant-based pattie that will help you tick off your daily polyphenol requirements :)
- 1 cup Walnuts (100g)
- 1 cup Chickpeas (164g) canned, drained well
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Aminos
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Yogurt
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 cup millet (157g) Cooked
- ½ cup almond flour (75g)
- Add the walnuts to the food processor and process until crumbly. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add the chickpeas to the food processor with coconut aminos and tomato paste. Process until well mixed in. You might have to stop a couple of times to scrape down the sides and start it up again before it will start to mix properly. Transfer to the mixing bowl with the crushed walnuts
- Add the coconut yogurt, dijon mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, ground black pepper, and smoked paprika to the mixing bowl.
- Add in the cooked millet and the almond meal and stir until slightly mixed. Then get in there with your hands and form it into a big ball and then knead it about 20-30 times.
- Divide into four sections and then either form each section into a pattie shape with your hands or pat down into a round cutter to make a nice flat patty shape.
- Add olive oil to a frying pan and then add in the patties. Fry for 5 minutes on medium-high heat and then flip them.
- Serve on their own as an appetiser, with salad or steamed veggies, or as a burger.
This recipe is approved for our following Healing Diets:
- Low-Hydrogen Sulphide Diet
- Adrenal Healing Diet
Author: Filipa Bellette, Clinical Nutritionist & Functional Medicine Practitioner
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.